Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP PLS. THIS IS URGENT. I CANT DO ANYTHING NOW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tanvincentlim

tanvincentlim

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

PLS HELP, this is really urgent as i have a really important task that needs to be done in hours. So i was using my Rog laptop, i was working with maya software, suddenly the laptop restart itself. Then when it turn on, the program files directory is gone. I cannot open it even when i type it at the address bar, i tried to view hidden files and folders too but its not there. And i cant open files that requires program that are installed in program files directory. I cant connect to the internet, and i cant open command prompt. The start button also doesnt work even when i clicked it or press it on the keyboard. I simply cant do anything now. Omg pls help.

Edited by hamluis, 23 October 2016 - 01:07 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cybercynic

cybercynic

• Members
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:55 PM

This person is receiving help in the answers.microsoft.com forums.

We are drowning in information - and starving for wisdom.

#3 FearOfMalwares

FearOfMalwares

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Location:5th Street, West Tapinac, Olongapo, Philippines, World, Earth
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

Hello, Tanvincentlim And  :welcome:  To BleepingComputer.com. The most popular helping site forums for computers.

it seems that you have a problem to your computer. The problem was the virus causing to damage your pc and modifies your files.

WHAT IS A VIRUS?

a piece of code that is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect,
such as corrupting the system, destroying data.

HOW TO I REMOVE IT?

Easy just follow my steps to remove the viruses.

• Step 1: Enter Safe Mode. Before you do anything, you need to disconnect your PC from the internet, and don't use it until you're ready to clean your PC. ...
  • Step 2: Delete temporary files. ...
  • Step 3: Download malware scanners. ...
  • Step 4: Run a scan with Farbar Recovery Tool Scan or any other anti-virus programs.
  • Step 5: Open the log file that farbar gave you.
  • Step 6: Copy and paste the log file in next reply..
I Hope it works for you. :grinner:

Edited by Platypus, 25 October 2016 - 11:05 PM.
Deleted unnecessary text that could be misunderstood

#4 tanvincentlim

tanvincentlim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

Hello, Tanvincentlim And  :welcome:  To BleepingComputer.com. The most popular helping site forums for computers.

it seems that you have a problem to your computer. You're not the only complete idiots with computers. The problem was the virus causing to damage your pc and modifies your files.

WHAT IS A VIRUS?

a piece of code that is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect,
such as corrupting the system, destroying data.

HOW TO I REMOVE IT?

Easy just follow my steps to remove the viruses.

• Step 1: Enter Safe Mode. Before you do anything, you need to disconnect your PC from the internet, and don't use it until you're ready to clean your PC. ...
  • Step 2: Delete temporary files. ...
  • Step 3: Download malware scanners. ...
  • Step 4: Run a scan with Farbar Recovery Tool Scan or any other anti-virus programs.
  • Step 5: Open the log file that farbar gave you.
  • Step 6: Copy and paste the log file in next reply..

I Hope it works for you. :grinner:

Thank you for your reply, how do i delete the temporary files?
And for malware scanners actually i have paid version of kaspersky total security installed.
The problem is it cant be opened. I think it was because of the malware since my windows defender is also switched to off and i cant turn it on.
And i cant download anything since my laptop cant connect to the internet which was also because of the malware.
How do i run farbar recovery tool scan? Do i need to download and install it first?

And btw, i just did a disk check on my C:\ and my program files directory is back. Then i do a system restore and now I can open programs and connect to the internet now. Its going back to normal again. But im afraid the malware is still here. So what do i need to do? Im currently updating my kaspersky and running full scan

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:21 AM

Please note the following

Posting instructions for the use of the following by non-staff members is prohibited in this area, as well as in ALL other areas of the BC forums. This list contains tools and procedures that are forbidden, the instructions for using similar tools or procedures should not be posted here, or elsewhere on Bleeping Computer forums, without prior Staff approval.

• ComboFix instructions.
  • HiJackThis, DDS, OTL, ZOEK, RSIT, RogueKiller instructions.
  • FRST (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool).
  • Manual rootkit removal using non-automated and advanced ARK tools (MBRCheck, MBR.exe and Esage Bootkit Remover).
  • Automated registry cleaners.
  • Advanced Registry instruction. Simple registry fixes are permitted but they must be accompanied with a warning to back up the registry first.
    The BC staff will monitor (review) registry fixes and if we determine they are dangerous or incorrect, the instructions will be removed.
  • Custom scripts, batch files.
  • Other specialized fix tools the BC Staff deems untrained members should not recommend for use.

Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected Forum

Edited by NickAu, 26 October 2016 - 06:22 AM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

If you did a chkdsk and your files came back then I doubt this is a virus issue especially if Kaspersky, one of the better AVs finds nothing. Your files system became corrupted and chkdsk fixed the issue. 

I would backup any important data on your computer if you have not done so and check your hard drive with Seatools for Windows. do the short and long tests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users