Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Laptop PC screen won't turn on when started.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GLM60

GLM60

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:38 AM

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have problems with my laptop (Toshiba) not having the screen turn on when i start it. The other lights turn on just not the screen!!!!. I have tried turning it off/on by pressing the power button. There is no battery that i can get access to pull out & put in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

If this is a laptop it should have a VGA output.  Have you tried using an external monitor to see if the problem is with the laptop display?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 GLM60

GLM60
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:30 AM

Thanks DC3 for your suggestion. I have tried hooking up my Toshiba Satellite (model # S50D-A) laptop PC to my home desktop PC monitor & my laptop was able to display itself on my home desktop monitor. Unfortunately, this doesn't fix my laptop monitor display problem but does hopefully narrow down where the problem lies. What do I do next??????

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

Now we know that the video output is working which points to the problem being with the display.  Try this, take a powerful flashlight  and shine it on the display after starting the laptop.  If the backlight has gone out you should be able to see the desktop when the light is shined on it.  If the desktop is visible you need to replace the backlight.  If you can't see the desktop the inverter may be bad.  There is also the possibility that the ribbon cable is loose or has a wear spot from opening and closing the lid.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users