Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor #1 is vga jack. monitor #2 is laptop screen but disabled

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bluffwood

bluffwood

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:06 AM

Vista home premium

Friend's laptop "wouldn't boot up" HP G6-247CL
Turned out video output was channeled to the vga port Fn+F4 on this model switched back and forth.

Cleaned out tons of viruses, everything good now, but laptop boots up with monitor #1 (Generic PnP monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G) as remote vga jack, and monitor #2 (default monitor on NVIDIA 8200M G) as my laptop screen as disabled.

When I try to make the laptop screen enabled (by extending the screen to it, then selecting "this is my main monitor), and click apply or save, it asks me to confirm, but doesn't take.

Deleting the drivers can sometimes get the laptop display running as primary, until the next book, then it all reverts to the remote vga port as primary.

if I boot with a linux disc - Kaspersky rescue, for example, it uses the laptop screen just tine.

So what, in a perfect world, should be my primary screen (the laptop screen) is identified as monitor 2 in DISPLAY SETTINGS. My VGA jack should be secondary but is always monitor 1

other notes: Fn+F4 no longer does anything ... will not switch between, I guess because my laptop screen is disabled.

Please help!

Edited by bluffwood, 23 October 2016 - 05:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users