Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how can I stop this process

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mlhumphrey

mlhumphrey

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:59 AM

Hi. I just have one (hopefully simple) question.  I uninstalled Secunia.  however I can hear my computer running something so I checked in the task manager and there is psia.exe*32 running.  I would like to know how to permanently stop this process, please & thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:32 AM

Have you right clicked on the psia etc in task manager and selected kill process ?

Do it restart if you reboot ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

Open the Control Panel, find this application, tight click on it and select delete.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 mlhumphrey

mlhumphrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:58 PM

hi. thank you for the prompt response.  so I went into the task manager and killed the process.  it did not reappear after that.  previously I was too scared to kill a process because of the warning you get :)

I couldn't delete it from the control panel because it was already uninstalled so did not show up in the control panel.

another question if I may - what isMS compatibility telemetry?

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,705 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

Glad that worked for you.

MS compatibility telemetry......Telemetry is an automated communications process by which measurements are made and other data collected at remote or inaccessible points and transmitted to receiving equipment for monitoring.

....so in other words its reading all your data from the hard drive and sending it off some where to be dissected , stored, sorted into some sort of order that can be put to use by MS and other third parties.

That is a basic sum up......there is a mountain of info in the BC Discussion area of windows 10....HERE   

Also, this is a reasonable read...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589215/lincoln-spector-on-win10-keylogger/

The subject is covered ad nauseum all over the internet.

I stopped using microsoft operating systems completely, ....I object strenuously to their invasion of my privacy.

I now use Linux on all 6 PC's

Read my signature below.

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

#6 mlhumphrey

mlhumphrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

hello.  it's me again. that process is back in the task manager.  how can I permanently get rid of it.  It is uninstalled for Pete's sake!

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,705 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

I would reinstall Secunia...then uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller

READ

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,705 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:29 AM

Did you have any luck ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users