Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I wanna be a real Windows boy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LiquidFox

LiquidFox

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:54 PM

Ended up with an illegitimate copy of Windows after my friend put "Windows" on my PC. Everything works great, haven't had any issues, really. Updated to 10 from 7. For whatever reason though, years later I have an issue. My start bar is acting all funky and won't open or really do anything. I can still open things pinned to it but it won't open and show programs. I would feel much more comfortable purchasing windows and doing a clean install. i really don't care about having to reinstall everything, I have multiple harddrives.

How do I go about completely legitimizing my Windows experience. I am too scared to just buy a key and have it (for whatever reason) not work. I'd like to know how to do this so I can buy the right kind of key.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resertedlab

resertedlab

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:03 PM

Go to www.microsoftstore.com and you can freely download any windows you want and buy CD key for it, there is nothing that can go wrong. I belive Windows 10 was about 120$. I am not sure you would be able to keep you current windows, you'll probably gonna have to reinstall.

Edited by resertedlab, 22 October 2016 - 08:04 PM.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

You can also buy Genuine Microsoft Windows 10 disks at places like Wallmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Windows-10-Pro-64-Bit-System-Builder-PC-Disc/46370761

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:17 AM

If you have upgrade to Windows 10 before end of July 29, 2016 date then you don't need a product key. The media creation tool and Windows 10 installation media (ISO files) are available for customers to install Windows 10. If you’re installing Windows 10 for the first time, you’ll need to enter a valid Windows 10 product key or buy a full version of Windows 10 during setup, for this tool to work. If you’ve previously installed Windows 10 on your device, you should have a digital license and Windows 10 will automatically activate without entering a product key.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users