Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD Radeon 7730M Gaming Performance Issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tancheeping

tancheeping

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:22 PM

I have a 3-year old Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 with integrated graphic AMD 7730M and Intel 4000 HD.

[Speecy information is attached below]

I have been using this laptop for gaming since I own it. I played games like Assassin's Creed III, Tomb Raider 2013, Dead Space I/II/III, and other 3D games, mostly on low to medium setting with no issue.

My laptop motherboard was replaced twice by Dell because of damaged USB board. My laptop gaming performance has not been affected until Dell replaced my motherboard the second time. I reported the issue to Dell, and after going through troubleshooting with them, Dell said it was because of rendering issue, rather than a hardware issue.

I'm not really convinced by that, because this problem only begin to develop slowly after Dell replaced my motherboard, and my warranty just expired when I reported back the problem to Dell.

However, since there is no chance for me to replace the motherboard without spending a fortune, I troubleshooted this problem by un-installing and re-installing the graphic drivers and Catalyst Control Center of different version, but neither drivers from the Dell or AMD website works for me.

The graphic issue is as shown in the picture below, and my game also seem to be have lower frame rate than before. Lowering the graphic settings for the game did not help at all.

So I hope I can further troubleshoot the problem here so to make sure if this is software or hardware problem and possibly, solve this problem.

ae854d685d.jpg

ae8565a5e5.jpg

ae856b591b.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by tancheeping, 21 October 2016 - 11:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users