Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i just want to check and make sure nothing seemed out of the ordinary

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tacohouse

Tacohouse

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

i ran a scan with farbar before right after fresh install now that my system has had time to run for a bit i wanted to do another one to make sure im not infected im still getting used to windows 10 and not familiar with certain services and processes  

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:58 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My nickname is Pystryker :)

I've looked over your logs and see no signs of any infection present on your machine. :thumbup2: Here's a few tips to help reduce your chances of getting infected in the future.
  • Watch what you open in your emails. If you get an email from an unknown source with any attached files, do not open it.
  • Install and keep only one anti-virus on your machine. Update it and scan your machine with it at least once a week.
  • Be careful of the websites you visit.
  • When installing new programs, don't be "click happy" and click through the screens. Many programs come with adware in them and are set to install them by default. Several programs require that you uncheck or select no to prevent the installation. Take your time and read each screen as you go. :)
To help protect yourself while on the web, I recommend you read How did I get infected in the first place?

I also recommend reading Miekiemoes Protection Tips

I close my topics if there is no response after 3 days. Please PM a moderator or myself to reopen your topic.

Please PM me only if I'm helping you with your computer issues and I have not responded in 2 days. Please remember, I'm a volunteer and sometimes life does get in the way. :)

Please stay with me until I declare your machine clean. Absence of symptoms does not ensure your machine is clean.

If you'd like to make a donation via Paypal, please click here.

#3 Tacohouse

Tacohouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:31 PM

Thanks i really appreciate your time!!!i just have one  question is there a forum for android and windows phone devices on this site? i need to make sure my devices are not infected with spyware or anything else and i need to ask some questions on how to make my android devices secure and i have other android software questions

#4 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:54 PM

Thanks i really appreciate your time!!!i just have one  question is there a forum for android and windows phone devices on this site? i need to make sure my devices are not infected with spyware or anything else and i need to ask some questions on how to make my android devices secure and i have other android software questions

You're quite welcome. :) I've included a link below to our Tablets and Mobile Devices forum. They'll be able to answer any questions you have. :thumbup2:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/215/tablets-mobile-devices/

I close my topics if there is no response after 3 days. Please PM a moderator or myself to reopen your topic.

Please PM me only if I'm helping you with your computer issues and I have not responded in 2 days. Please remember, I'm a volunteer and sometimes life does get in the way. :)

Please stay with me until I declare your machine clean. Absence of symptoms does not ensure your machine is clean.

#5 Tacohouse

Tacohouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

I just notice I have a unusual amount of empty folders network device I've never touched are not there in the device manager list my tdskiller found generic files but didnt show it found anything there are files I don't recognize at all with no location

#6 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:20 AM

I just notice I have a unusual amount of empty folders network device I've never touched are not there in the device manager list my tdskiller found generic files but didnt show it found anything there are files I don't recognize at all with no location

Hello :)

Let's run AdwCleaner, as it's good about getting rid of empty folders. However, if they are Win 10 related folders, it may not remove them for that reason. Also, please post the TDSSKiller log for my review when you post the AdwCleaner log. :thumbsup2:

Please disable your antivirus for the duration of my instructions. Don't forget to re-enable it after you have completed the steps.

Step 1: AdwCleaner

Download ADWcleaner by clicking here. Please save it to your Desktop

adwcleanerscreen_zpsm6wq1ei9.jpg
  • Double click (Vista and 7 Users)right click the adwcleaner.exe file and click Run as Adminstrator and accept the UAC prompt to run AdwCleaner
  • Once AdwCleaner's control panel is open and it says "Waiting for Action", click on Options at the top of the control panel.
  • Please Check the following options:
    • Reset Proxy Settings
    • Reset Winsock Settings
    • Reset TCP/IP Settings
    • Reset Firewall Settings
    • Reset IPSec Settings
    • Reset BITS Queue
    • Reset Internet Explorer Policies
    • Reset Chrome Policies
  • Close any open windows or browsers.
  • Pause your Anti-Virus program if it is running.
  • Once it starts, click on the Scan button.
  • Let the scan complete itself. This may take a few minutes.
  • Once the scan has finished, it will say "Pending, uncheck elements you don't want to remove.", don't worry about unchecking anything and then click the Cleaning button. When finished, it will ask to reboot. Please reboot.
  • When the machine has rebooted, a log will be produced. Please copy/paste that in your next reply. Here's how:
    • Click the Logfile button and the log will open. Copy and Paste the contents of the log file into your next reply.
    This report is also saved at C:\Adwcleaner
Things I need to see in your next post:

Please post each of these logs as a separate reply in this thread.

AdwCleaner Log

TDSSKiller Log

#7 Tacohouse

Tacohouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:48 PM

# AdwCleaner v6.030 - Logfile created 24/10/2016 at 20:56:16
# Updated on 19/10/2016 by Malwarebytes
# Database : 2016-10-23.2 [Server]
# Operating System : Windows 10 Pro  (X64)
# Username : Taco - TACO
# Running from : C:\Users\Taco\Desktop\adwcleaner_6.030.exe
# Mode: Clean
# Support : hxxps://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLL ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: "Tracing" keys deleted
:: Winsock settings cleared
:: " Image File Execution Options" keys deleted
:: "Prefetch" files deleted
:: Proxy settings cleared
:: TCP/IP settings cleared
:: Firewall rules cleared
:: IPSec settings cleared
:: BITS queue cleared
:: IE policies deleted
:: Chrome policies deleted
:: Chrome preferences reset: C:\Users\Taco\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
:: Hosts file cleared

#8 Tacohouse

Tacohouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:00 PM

it wont allow me to post the tdslog something is wrong i cant even use disk clean to erase the temp files there is a lockpad next to it there are some hidden folders and i keep getting logged out the first log posted no problem but as soon as i try to post tds log i get logged out and it says i need permission to delete windows.old and i cant run certain task as admin like the run command even the setting to run as admin in properties is whited out alot of apps are labeled as shortcut.ink and again wont let me run as admin

Edited by Tacohouse, 24 October 2016 - 10:02 PM.

#9 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:37 AM

it wont allow me to post the tdslog something is wrong i cant even use disk clean to erase the temp files there is a lockpad next to it there are some hidden folders and i keep getting logged out the first log posted no problem but as soon as i try to post tds log i get logged out and it says i need permission to delete windows.old and i cant run certain task as admin like the run command even the setting to run as admin in properties is whited out alot of apps are labeled as shortcut.ink and again wont let me run as admin

Hello and thank you for the log. :) Your AdwCleaner log is clean, and your system shows no signs of infection. I'm going to refer you to the Windows 10 forum, as they have more experience with Win 10 and my area of expertise is malware. Please click the link below, and post a new topic in the forum describing the issue the machine is having. Let them know the machine is clear of malware, and they'll be able to help you with the software problems. :thumbsup2:

Windows 10 Forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/229/windows-10-support/

#10 Tacohouse

Tacohouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

here is the tdskiller log

Attached Files

#11 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:35 PM

The TDSSKiller log shows no infections present. Go ahead and post a new topic in the Windows 10 forum and they will be able to render assistance for the Win 10 problems you are experiencing. Your machine is clear of infection. :thumbsup2:

Let's remove my tools, and create a new, clean restore point on the machine.

Step 1: Tool Removal with Delfix and Creation of a clean restore point
  • Download Delfix from here
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
    • Create registry backup
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset System Settings
    delfix.jpg
  • Click Run
The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.

Things I need to see in your next post

Delfix Log

#12 Tacohouse

Tacohouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:54 PM

# DelFix v1.010 - Logfile created 25/10/2016 at 21:38:47
# Updated 26/04/2015 by Xplode
# Username : Taco - TACO
# Operating System : Windows 10 Pro  (64 bits)

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\FRST
Deleted : C:\AdwCleaner
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Desktop\mbar
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_22.10.2016_23.42.41_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_24.10.2016_20.58.54_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_24.10.2016_21.18.33_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_24.10.2016_21.18.44_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_25.10.2016_00.01.17_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_25.10.2016_00.02.16_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_25.10.2016_00.02.33_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_25.10.2016_15.47.24_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_25.10.2016_15.49.11_log.txt
Deleted : C:\TDSSKiller.3.1.0.11_25.10.2016_15.49.22_log.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Desktop\adwcleaner_6.030.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Desktop\tdsskiller (1).exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Downloads\Addition.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Downloads\FRST.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Downloads\FRST64.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Downloads\tdsskiller (1).exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Taco\Downloads\tdsskiller.exe

~ Creating registry backup ... OK

~ Cleaning system restore ...

New restore point created !

~ Resetting system settings ... OK

########## - EOF - ##########

#13 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

I apologize for the delay in responding. The board apparently didn't send me a notification you had responded. Again, my apologies. The Delfix log looks good, and if you are asked when you post in the Win 10 forum if your machine has been checked for malware, please let them know it has. :thumbsup2:

#14 Tacohouse

Tacohouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:00 AM

Alright will do its all good I really appreciate your time! Thank you!!! one more thing do you know if it is safe to run cccleaner on my PC to remove any unnecessary files left over that disk clean up can't get?

#15 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:38 AM

Alright will do its all good I really appreciate your time! Thank you!!! one more thing do you know if it is safe to run cccleaner on my PC to remove any unnecessary files left over that disk clean up can't get?

You're quite welcome. Yes, it is safe, but do not delete anything it finds in the registry. Cleaners that mess around with the registry can some times accidentally remove needed keys. Be sure to uncheck that section when using CCleaner. :thumbsup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users