Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iphone 4 locked to itunes Account

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Viking62

Viking62

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:18 PM

Hello,

I have 2 old iphone 4's that I got from work. Both have been erased but are still associated with itunes accounts. I don't have account information for either.

One may be a lost cause (can't find previous user) and one I think I know who used to use it but he may not know what an iTunes account is. So it could be a lost cause too.

Is there anyway to unlock them from the itunes accounts without ID or password? Does apple charge for this service if thats the only route?

Thanks, Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:00 PM

Are you talking about the actual iTunes/App Store login information in the Settings app? If so, it should just be a matter of logging out of that account and logging into the new account.

Or are you talking about Activation Lock? If it is Activation Lock, then you will need the password for the AppleID/iCloud account in order to turn off Find My Phone under the iCloud setting in the Settings app. Without it, you are outta of luck as far as I know. I don't believe that Apple offers any way to circumvent that other than through the AppleID/iCloud account password (other than maybe resetting that password, which typically still requires at least knowledge of the security questions). As far as I know, Apple does not even have a mechanism to unlock devices owned by a company that the user then associated with their personal AppleID/iCloud account rather than a company one, but I could be wrong.

#3 Viking62

Viking62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for the reply.
Both phones have been erased. When I try to set them up I select language, country and connect to wifi. Then I get a message saying " Activation Lock. This phone is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the Apple ID and password that were used to set up this iPhone".

Problem is no one at work seems to know who had these phones.
So I guess my question is, can I get around this or am I out of luck?

#4 Viking62

Viking62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:59 AM

Sorry smax013. Just reread your reply.
Yes. Activation Lock.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:29 PM

Sorry smax013. Just reread your reply.
Yes. Activation Lock.

Then to my knowledge, there is nothing you can do other than try to track down the AppleID/iCloud login info for that phone. I supposed you could try asking at an Apple Store, but my guess is that they will tell you that you are out of luck.

#6 macstorm

macstorm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

Do you use a MDM and the Apple deployment program? We use Lightspeed and I'm fairly certain that we can disable/enable activation lock with a fully enrolled (dep) device. Depending on the supplier you may be able to get the device added to the device enrolment program rectrospectivly and then force a management profile at first setup.. not tried it in your situation but may be worth a go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users