Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port 30005 is open, but why?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slimx7

slimx7

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:43 AM

I did a scan for open ports using the services on speedguide.net and it showed the tcp port 30005 as open. Subsequent probing on canyouseeme.org and Shields Up also showed the port as being open.

My questions are: What is this port used for, why is it open and how can I close it or at least set it to stealth? Should I be worried? Any research I've done on the port has given me vague information. It has been linked to a trojan called Backdoor JZ and other sources say that it has to do with TR-069 on routers.

I'm not running any services so I don't have a clue why the port is open. I only know that open ports are generally a bad thing so any information I could possibly get on the matter is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:22 AM

What is your network setup? It's likely that the port is open on your modem/router, and maybe not on your computer.

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users