Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Fails to Boot After Shutdown Initially

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GManVI

GManVI

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:31 PM

So whenever I shutdown my PC something goes wrong, no idea what it is.
I press the power button and the PC lights and fans fire up but the screens do not turn on. As far as I can tell windows never loads either. I have to hold the power button, shut it off and try again. It usually finally turns on the displays and boots after the third or fourth time. I don't get any errors booting up telling me windows was shut down improperly or anything. No beeps happen or anything. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated I am worried something is dying in the machine. Here is my system details.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161004-2338)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 16GB RAM
GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB ATA Device
Motherboard: Gigabyte LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX DDR3 1600 Motherboards GA-B75M-D3H
Power Supply: Raidmax Thunder v2 735W

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:00 PM

The main culprit would be the power supply.  Try this, when powering down, do it from a power strip or pull the plug after normal shutdown.  wait 30 seconds, plug in and start normally.  If that works, the PS is the main suspect.  The second choice would be the MOBO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users