Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UPnP Port Mapper 2.0.0

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 deth1981

deth1981

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

Hello all, I have a bit of a dilemma. I cannot, for the life of me get any type of port mapping program to work on windows 10. Now, I know that UpnP is enabled on my router/modem. Bittorrent and Tunngle has no problems opening a port from within it's program. Port mapping programs, all that I have tried, will not. The ports already mapped are showing in the mapped ports list. But if I create a port to map for say, gaming, the internal port number resets to 1. And the port remains closed. My ISP has restricted access to my router to allow for manually forwarding ports. Thus the need for a mapper. I also noticed, that my network according to ipconfig is using Taredo, when before it was not. I did try to use a second router that I was able to access to forward through to no avail. The network name and type changed after that to the router it was connected to, and even after being disconnected and the modem/router that ISP provided was reconnected, it remains. Any ideas on any of this?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 20 October 2016 - 05:33 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users