Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random shutdown and BSOD when restarting pc win10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mark1174

Mark1174

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:29 AM

It started with my computer shutting down randomly and then when i booted it back up again there was a blue screen with a error message saying something like 

"windows has encounted a problem and needs to close, we are gathering some information then we will restart you".
I downloaded bluescreen view and who crashed and these came back.

On Wed 10/19/16 10:05:28 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102016-32234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A2C0) 
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFB30685DAC080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Wed 10/19/16 10:05:28 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys (ntdll!NtTerminateProcess+0x14) 
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFB30685DAC080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntdll.sys . 
Google query: ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers: 

ntdll.sys 

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information. 

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further. 

I tried using the tool in windows to let you reset everything in windows back to when i first got it but everytime i do it will only get a certain way and then just goes to a black screen and this was even happening when i was in BIOS there would be some screen lines across my screen with colored squars then it goes to a black screen.

Ive tried updating my drivers in device mamager and have done the syt scan that checks if anything in windows in currupted but that came back clean.

Also my computer is making a weird nouise like its vibrating that starts then stops, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Im not very good with computers. any help would be great.

Edited by Mark1174, 20 October 2016 - 06:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:04 AM

How to receive help diagnosing Blue Screens and Windows crashes - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic176011.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users