Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to open a Photoshop file?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LasseAlanen

LasseAlanen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:57 AM

Hello!

Is anyone here on the forum experts who know how to open a psd file in Photoshope using code vb.net to be able to work with him?

I need to open the psd file and then save it in another format.gif or .jpg).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:02 AM

Some Ideas.

Louis

#3 LasseAlanen

LasseAlanen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:28 AM

Thanks for the advice!

#4 hansibsen

hansibsen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:21 AM

From tools you can try to recover the file using Photoshop Recovery Toolboxfor adobe photoshop file recovery and then save it in the right format and file extension.  https://www.oemailrecovery.com/photoshop_recovery.html

#5 hansibsen

hansibsen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:23 AM

Or

Adobe Photoshop have a COM interface for Photoshop they refer to the "scripting plugin" you can control all of photoshops functionality through this interface.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1536

Adobe supply documentation for using the COM interface, the Object Model and some scripting examples.

#6 LasseAlanen

LasseAlanen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:29 AM

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. 

#7 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

If my memory serves me correctly photoshop files can also be opened, or atleast imported, by GIMP, which can then further edit them or export them to other formats.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#8 btatom

btatom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

If you have a Mac you can easily open a Photoshop file using Preview. Just right click on the file and go down to "open with Preview". Once in preview, you can export the file and save it as any type of format that you need. This helps me out immensly when opening up old Photoshop files that I have on my computer. I usually have to go back and open old files that I have recieved from several Montana land brokerage agencies. I don't want to pay for photoshop to open all of these files to make sure they meet my specifications so discovering that I could view the files using preexisting programs on my program has been a life saver. I am not super familiar with how to open Photoshop files on PC's but if I remember correctly you can open it on one of Window's programs and then be able to exprot and save the file into the desired file format. Try right clicking on the file and see what options you have. Open it with a variety of different programs and see what programs will allow you to open the file and which ones will allow you save the file in a different format. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users