Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disapointed In Myself, Need Help With A Vhs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

Yeah... I bought a VHS on ebay... what was I thinking. Anyways the problem is I bought this video in Great Britain and I was hoping that it would work in my VCR here at home. I have now discovered that like DVDs it does not work in any of my 3 VCRs here at home...

Do you guys have any ideas of what I could do and also if possible have a way of transfering to DVD...

Thanks
Klink

P.S. Now that I have purchased and received the item I find the US version on ebay... Darn that pisses me off...

BTW I put this video in my vcr here what I get is like a picture with very bad tracking... and the sound sound like when you put your old record player on the double speed... Voice are skeaky and fast...

Edited by Klinkaroo, 22 August 2006 - 03:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killer_kyle

killer_kyle

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:40 PM

Buy the US version, and put the oother one for sale on ebay.

lol, I don't know what else you could do. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:12 AM

That is an option... But I would like to try and get this one to work before getting another one...

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:24 PM

Hope this doesn't sound too strange being posted on a self-help computer site, but may I suggest a tv servicing type store in your location? We received a wedding video from England and had the same woe - and for $8, the store transferred it directly onto a 'normal' video and it works great.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

Thanks I haden't thought of that.

*Edit* Just called a video store they said that they can't do it since they have the copyright stuff but I can rent the transcoder and do it myself. It's going to cost me 13$CAD to rent the machine.

Thanks

Edited by Klinkaroo, 23 August 2006 - 01:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users