Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I hate Windows install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gregaryb

gregaryb

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:36 AM

This has happened to me numerous times.

If ANYTHING at all goes wrong any time during the install and and files get corrupted or fail to copy of what ever, then there seems to be no possibility of recovering from it.

You have no choice but to start over again. and wipe the disk.

I had a power supply failure during install of Windows 7 and found later on that updates were not working.

None of the standard fixes work, re-installing by upgrade does not work, nothing works.

In the end I given up any hope of fixing the problem and have wiped the disk and re-installed.

I wish Microsoft would stop wasting time making useless cosmetic changes and concentrate on fixing these irritating problem and making their product efficient.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:59 AM

I'm not sure what cosmetic changes you have in mind, Windows 7 has passed into its Extended Support phase, where no changes are made to the design of the OS, only security patches are made available to address discovered vulnerabilities.

I agree there seems to be a considerable problem with the updating system, which should be addressed. However a fresh installation which becomes corrupted due to something like a power supply failure is unlikely to be recoverable regardless of what Operating System is being installed. If it gets corrupted you're going to have to start again.

The most helpful site I've found for updating issues is http://wu.krelay.de/en/

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users