Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant get computer to boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamesl

jamesl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:47 PM

New to the site so i hope this is the right place to put this.

I have an Acer aspire E5-571 that wont boot, i get error code 0xc0000185. I burned a disk as suggested to try to repair it but i cant even get the disk to boot. I changed the boot order to start with ATAPI CDROM: matbleepadvd-ram uj8e2q and it still comes up with the acer logo and prepairing auto repair, that which leads back to the error. Ive tried to boot in safe mode with cmd to try and get somewhere but it all results in the error code. someone please help me get this figured out please.

Thanks,

James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jamesl

jamesl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:10 PM

i switched to legacy and the disk booted to show the windows logo for a minute and then the screen went black

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

Have a look here -

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/windows-8-error-code-0xc0000185/01330aee-06f5-4bc0-a669-b1efa850a502

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users