Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Domain Profile Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

So I need to remove a computer from the Domain in order to make some changes and then re-add the computer to the domain. My question is will the domain profile still be linked to the username once I put it back on the same domain or will it create an entirely new profile for that user? These are local profiles not remote ones. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

Any reason why you need to remove it from the domain.

You might lose the association with the users profile when you do it.

You might want to look at this program (https://www.forensit.com/domain-migration.html) when you do rejoin the domain so you can associate the profile with the user or else you will have to copy the old profile over the new one that it creates (to restore the users files) but the user might lose their custom settings like wallpaper and such unless you use that program to rejoin the domain and associate the profile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users