Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Best audio Quality?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

Hello.

I was wondering how to achive the best audio quality(witch player should i use,What codecs and so on)

My gear is nothing to brag about:Acer aspire E 15 and two Bose speakers.

DFX Audio Enhancer installed Combined with Aimp4.

:guitar:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:18 PM

Well...if you tell me how you determine what the "best audio quality" might be...then others might be able to suggest something.

I find that audio perception and preferences is a very personal thing...it's not like there is a standard that fits everyone or every type of music.  Or if there is, I'm unaware of it.  I don't think players have much to do with audio quality...they transform digital code into sounds that we recognize and enjoy.  Ditto for codecs.

Interesting Reading

Another

My guess is that your headphones and speakers...and you...have a lot more to do with audio quality...than codecs and such.  If you have quality headphones and speakers which result in pleasing sounds to your ears...that's about as good as it should get, IMO.

Of course you can use signal processors, tuners, equalizers and such...to modify/enhance the preferences which are inherent in you...but I'm not sure that's audio quality or just modifying our enjoyment alternatives (something we like to do).

Example:  I grew up listening to old scratched up records made of slate or vinyl...after that, listening to just about any system with good speakers and a music delivery system that is not marred by human handling...is a great improvement.  I'm quite satisified with .mp3 media sound...where others today believe that today's vinyl produces a "better" sound :).

Beauty does lie in the eyes of the beholder.  Find out what you like and...enjoy it...or do the reverse and find out what you don't like and look for alternatives.

Some Other Opinions

Louis

#3 isaccasi

isaccasi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

Thanks a lot :notme:

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

I like foobar2000 http://www.foobar2000.org for the player and 24 bit 192 khz PCM as far as the music file. If the original music was well mastered from a good source on competent equipment, then everything should be fine.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

My little home computer stereo consists of a homemade Windows 10 PC with a very specific PSU to filter out any voltage irregularities, and this system;

An Oppo USB DAC https://www.oppodigital.com/headphone-amplifier-ha-1/

My amplifier is a Marantz http://www.us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&SubCatId=0&ProductId=PM7005 and my little desk top speakers are PSBs http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/bookshelf-speakers/Imagine-mini

I like the way that this little system sounds, and I have about 80,000 high resolution songs on my PC to listen to.

Music is fun.

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 20 October 2016 - 06:18 PM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 isaccasi

isaccasi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:14 PM

I like Foobar too and Aimp of course :bounce:

#7 Bluecarbon

Bluecarbon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:28 AM

Cool. Thanks for this post. I'm learning a lot :)

#8 isaccasi

isaccasi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

I have about 40.000 Flac audio songs,i love music,metal the most,but also black sabbath,iron maiden,saxon,sepultura and disturbed,avenged sevenfold.i could go on and on.

Thanks for your answers

kind regards :guitar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users