Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 needshelp22

needshelp22

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:56 AM

Hello everyone

I have this strange problem that at random times, independent of what I am doing at the moment the display on the screen will freeze and the computer will keep on working (Like a few minutes ago i was watching youtube and i could stil hear the audio but the screen froze) for few minutes until it too crashes.
Now, I had windows 7 ultimate 64 bit where the crashes were so frequent that it crashed several minutes after booted So i upgraded to windwos 10 64 bit education edition (Which i recieve for free my university) and for a while the problems appeared to stop. Now it has  returned again, althought not so frequently but it still occures at least once in a day or two.
Also, worth noting that after it crashes and I force shut it down after the pc is booted again it still doesn't display anything on the screen. Only if I shut it down for at least a minute will the display return and this happend on both operating systems (7 ulti and 10)

I've checked temperatures of both GPU and CPU and they are all in the normal range. Also upgraded all drivers in the case that there is a rogue software that is causing the crashes. 
I suspect that the problem is the GPU though currently have no idea how to confirm it.

Specs: 
mb : gigabyte h61m d2 b3

intel i3 3.3Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6770
8 GB of ram 

I am aware that the specs are quite old but it was working fine quite recently

Edited by needshelp22, 19 October 2016 - 08:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:39 AM

Please wait for it to crash again, then recover and immediately generate these 2 sets of reports:

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Report Set #2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 needshelp22

needshelp22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for the quick response. Added the requested filesAttached File  reprots.zip   77.01KB   2 downloads
According to the event viewer, the display stopped working in 15:27 and the crash occured in 15:29 this day. The Event ID is 46 volmgr

Edited by needshelp22, 19 October 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#4 needshelp22

needshelp22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:16 AM

Anyone knows what can i do with this error  Event ID is 46 volmgr?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:46 AM

We still need the Sysnative or BSOD Inspector reports - they contain most of the info that we need.

The Admin log shows a bunch of BSOD's.

The EventID 46 is Windows saying that it can't make a memory dump file.

So....

1)  Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag

Please start with the hard drive tests, then the video tests - and please complete all tests and let us know the results

2)  Then, start with these troubleshooting suggestions (as the BSOD's are all STOP 0x116's):  Please follow these troubleshooting suggestions:  http://www.carrona.org/VideoTDR.html

Also, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:

To make it work you have to do BOTH of the below steps:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users