Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Probable Virus linked to Win 7 64-bit Windows Updater

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 RobJames

RobJames

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

Gentlemen, I have a severe problem that I am unable to re-solve, and that is Updating my Win 7 64-bit to SP1. I have tried all possible methods outlined on Microsoft's Website, even downloading and burning the ISO DVD. It's quite clear to me either a virus or spyware is stopping the updating process. I started a thread on Seven Forums to resolve this, but after some time they recommended I try here. For all the details I refer you to that post. http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/401663-repairing-corrupt-files-found-sfc.html

So I've attached my two FarBar text files to this post, in the hopes someone can lead me to a resolution. I should add if this is indeed a virus, it's a quite sophisticated one, because no Virus Detection software has been able to find it so far.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RobJames

RobJames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

SOLVED**
I fixed this by inserting my Win 7 CD and choosing Upgrade. It repaired all my Windows files while keeping my Programs in place. (I didn't know you could do that.........my bad) Anyways, all the corrupt files are fixed, I'll now able to update Windows in the normal fashion, and I have SP1 installed.
Thanks to all of you who offered assistance. Sorry to have wasted your time on something I could have fixed on my own, had I known the solution was there. Now I know!!!
For any who are curious, it wasn't a virus it was corrupted files from installing faulty RAM. Thanks God, I back-up everything in Triplicate.
Anyways, safe journeys............and I'll see you guys next time catastrophe strikes!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users