Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hello, Disk Check At Boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joseph06

Joseph06

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

Hi,

Every time I start my computer I get this message;

Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. One of your disk needs to be checked for consistency. You can cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue. To skip disk checking, press any key within(10)seconds.

I have allowed it to continue numerous times, but it makes no difference, this same error comes up every time I start my computer, now I just press a key within 10 seconds and that gets rid of it. ive tried some of command. nothing happens. it keeps checking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The_Codesee

The_Codesee

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Just to clarify, is your computer fully functional after it loads up subsequent to the message?

Edited by The_Codesee, 18 October 2016 - 12:01 PM.

#3 Joseph06

Joseph06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

yes sir.

#4 The_Codesee

The_Codesee

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

Try following this guide to resolve the problem: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/check-disk-runs-at-every-startup-windows

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:09 PM

I would boot into Windows and run the chkdsk /r command on the Windows partition.  The unsolicited chkdsk is a 3-stage process and is not necessarily going to address whatever might be wrong...while the chkdsk /r command is 5-stage and will attempt to deal with any data files which may be on bad sectors.

Chkdsk From Command Prompt, Win 7 - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496613/contextmenu-is-causing-explorerexe-to-crash/?p=3067880

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users