Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Network Problem On Acer Laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mcasdorph

mcasdorph

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

My laptop has been having a weird problem connecting to websites at times, I don't think it is necessarily a issue with Windows 10 since I bought my laptop in 2012 from Best Buy it had Windows 7 Pre-Installed and it had the same issue back then occasionally, last year I upgraded to Windows 10 for free since they offered it to Windows 7 & 8 users who were eligible for the upgrade. I think its either a settings problem or a network adapter problem or something like that. I tether my laptop to my Android phone because high speed internet is not available at my address and dial up is obsolete now days so tethering is my only option. I'm not sure if it does it on wired network as I can't try since I tether to phone.

My hardware: Acer Aspire 4339 with Windows 10 installed.

Wireless ethernet adapter: Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Network Adapter (with latest Driver: 10.0.0.329)

What happens: Browser seems to hang sometimes (not freezing but loading page loading icon spins counter clockwise, makes me think its trying to send information, not like its trying to receive), the weird part is it seems like every time I experience it I can go to task bar and right click the wifi symbol and click Troubleshoot problems and its like it cuts loose and starts loading, I've noticed this works numerous times that I've tried it..

So what is the problem or how can I find out and what can I do to fix it?

I did the same thing with a previous driver from Microsoft which is why I installed the official driver from Atheros, but it still does it.

Edited by mcasdorph, 18 October 2016 - 10:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

Does this happen mostly right after cold-power-up & Windows load?  Reason for asking:  I have the same problem.  I have to go to each ever-circling tab and click Reload -- then for the rest of the day, everything's fine.  I'll listen in and learn alongside with you.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 mcasdorph

mcasdorph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:17 PM

No, happens most of the time whether I just boot to windows or even being on it for a while, doesn't matter

#4 Ignisinitium

Ignisinitium

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:14 AM

Dose it happen if you teather with the USB cable instead of using the wifi hotspot?

#5 mcasdorph

mcasdorph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

Dose it happen if you teather with the USB cable instead of using the wifi hotspot?

You know I tried it a couple times and it does seem to work a little better. Its been probably over a year since I tethered with the usb cable I can't remember if it did it much like that, but it does seem to work a little better, would that indicate a potential problem with the wireless network adapter or perhaps its settings? Or maybe even the hotspot feature on android? It is a custom rom.

Edited by mcasdorph, 19 October 2016 - 10:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users