Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RegSvcs.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mathalete

Mathalete

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

My ESET antivirus came up with an alert about this Trojan Horse during the last few days.

As a coincidence (OR NOT!), I got an e-mail from a UK based business (I'm in Canada) that was asking if I was ordering 2500 GBP worth of merchandise from my PayPal account.  The creepy thing is that someone had access to my e-mail address as well as my PayPal account.  As I was receiving the e-mails asking if I placed the order or not, this person was responding saying YES GO AHEAD WITH THE ORDER and then deleting the concerned emails from the UK retailer.

Kudos to the retailer for checking first but I think my desktop is infected.  How do I remove the RegSvcs.exe Trojan Horse for good?  ESET says it is clean but it keeps coming back :(

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Brian Hutton

Edit: Running Windows 10, Professional

Have ESET, Also have MalwareBytes installed.

Edited by Mathalete, 17 October 2016 - 05:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boooliyooo

boooliyooo

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:21 AM

Hello,

There was a resolved case in this forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582740/regsvcsexe-win32fynloskiam-trojan-horse/

You may want to move this thread to Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

Yes as that repair was created to that particular machine you should create a new topic..

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users