Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista 4.0GB, 64 bit, Intel R Dual CPU E2180@2 GHz 2.0GHz

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nil8bytes

Nil8bytes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

Hello im tech ignorant . Have a older Dell with Vista that i cant load Trendmicro on . Any input as to why?

Edited by Nil8bytes, 17 October 2016 - 06:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,005 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

Do you mean Trend Micro Security? The only thing I can think of is you either have or had a AV that is conflicting with the install or Vista is not at SP2.

#3 Abzyx

Abzyx

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

If you mean Trend Micro's Housecall, it does not appear to support Vista: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/.

#4 Nil8bytes

Nil8bytes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

yes trend micro,  internet security, i dont think its "house call". yes i did install AVG but uninstalled it . it was on this unit but then did a restore point and now it wont download. and when i try it slows down the computer significantly.I paid $39.99 for this  .???

Edited by Nil8bytes, 17 October 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#5 Abzyx

Abzyx

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

The latest Trend Micro Internet Security should still support Vista (but apparently not XP): http://www.trendmicro.com/us/home/products/software/internet-security/index.html#system-requirements.

Assuming no other antivirus such as Microsoft Security Essentials is installed, my best guess is that AVG was not completely uninstalled, or you may have restored your system to a point before AVG was uninstalled. If you had asked me before attempting to uninstall AVG, I would've suggested going into Advanced Settings and turning off AVG Self Protection first. Did you run the 64-bit version of AVG removal tool?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users