Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Direct access and multi-site active Directory

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:49 AM

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of setting up Active Directory, and essentially, my domain would be a child domain of an existing network, and I'm trying to figure out whether the Direct Access technologies built into Windows Server 2016 can be used to accomplish a site-to-site connection between the two networks? I know that Direct Access sort of works like VPN, but that's the extent of it, except that I know that it can be set up so that any time I'm away from my primary location, I automatically have access to my network far away. But the question is whether it can be used to connect sites. A friend of mine tried  to get it going, but not sure whether we're just doing it wrong, maybe? He forwarded out the correct port, but no one was able to get connected to his side of the network from far away.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users