Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet freezing for about 10 seconds every minute or so

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Robeus

Robeus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

Been having this problem since Wednesday and cannot figure it out, any help would be greatly appreciated as I go back to work this Wednesday and it becomes impossible to do.

Backstory.
I left my computer on overnight on Tuesday, there was a windows update and when i woke up my computer had already restarted. When i went to use it every usb hardware connected to my computer was not working, mouse, keyboard, headset, wifi dongle etc. So I pressed the restart button. Upon restarting it hung on the windows logo for 10 minutes with no sign of moving so i held the power button until it turned off. Turned it back on, hung on windows logo for 5 minutes but then turned on. Everything was slow but working apart from my internet.

What happens.
For about 10 seconds every minute or so (it is a repeated pattern) my internet will freeze causing freezes in games, my work to close and general annoyance. I ran a ping google.co.uk -t string in CMD and this is what happens. (same amount of pings between freezes)

http://imgur.com/4ZkHfsB (if image embed doesnt work)

What i've tried
I've used the ipconfig /release /renew /flushdns options with no success. I checked to see if the problem was to do with router but only my computer is having the problem.

Odd thing
What i've noticed is if i'm in a skype call the internet is perfect, not a single freeze but as soon as the skype call ends it goes back to the above.

This is really frustrating and the only thing i can think of is to reinstall Windows 7 (done this about 8 times so far this year so its getting rather annoying)

Thanks for any help you can give.

Edited by Robeus, 16 October 2016 - 10:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users