Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My friend hacked my laptop while i was asleep, HELP me determin what he did

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 tonibologna007

tonibologna007

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

Every single electronic device i have owned since i met this kid, has been totally fu#$@ by him.  He is a hacker, yet he refuses to admit to anything.  I woke up and my computer was frozen.  i rebooted it, and when i did so, it had to do over 9,000 updates before it started back up, and when i tried to go to system repair, the first box that came up said somehting about LONGHORN boot manager, or partition manager boot mgr...i cannot remember exactly but i know for certain the word LONGHORN was there and the other words were along those lines... but now it shows a "boot (x) drive ....so i dont know if he messed with my partitions or what.. my computer is lagged and slow..i KNOW he did something to it.. what can i do or what kind of report can i run so that whoever can look at it and tell me exactly what he did and help me get my computer back..  ive been down this road before with him, and ive tried to factory restore on my other laptops, restore to a previous date, anything i can think of and NOTHING has worked.. it still operates as if someonoe else is running my  computers.. what do i do.. i want to strangle this kid. he is a sosiopath.  please someone help me, this is the one computer i didnt need him messing up. but he is obsessed. help. for some reason i know he can see everything i do, please help me this is an HP dv76c95dx if that helps, running windows 7 professional.

Edited by hamluis, 16 October 2016 - 07:29 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

i want to strangle this kid. he is a sosiopath

no he is a script kiddie that stole some program off some site

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 16 October 2016 - 07:23 PM.

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

#3 tonibologna007

tonibologna007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

true, but non the less, i still would like to place my hands around his neck 

seriously, can somone please assist me on finding out what it is he did, and  what i need to do so i can provide you that information.

#4 wseng92

wseng92

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:00 PM

try window event log

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

Since this is one of two posts you have made, I guess this is keeping you up at night.

What you need is someone qualified to run some scans on your computer; if there are any hacks, viruses, or keyloggers on it they will show up. Go to this forum and open a new thread. Carefully and logically explain exactly why you feel you have a virus and what your computer is (and is not) doing. Follow the directions exactly that the tec gives you. That is the only way to resolve this.

And....if this kid is so evil and has done this so long, discontinue any relationship with him.

Edited by ranchhand_, 16 October 2016 - 10:25 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#6 tonibologna007

tonibologna007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:57 AM

thank you ranchhand, that was what i was looking for as far as a response. , but thanks to the rest of you as well

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:17 AM

....if this kid is so evil and has done this so long, discontinue any relationship with him.

I have to concur with that statement.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 SafetySteve

SafetySteve

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:05 PM

If you cannot remove him from your life, deny him access to your devices.

Set new unique lock codes for your devices.

Set power on and hard drive passwords for your computers if they support them.  This is different than Windows logins.

Put a deadbolt on your bedroom door if he is your kid or roommate.  

Or a security cabinet in your room.  

Good luck.

#9 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:57 PM

@tonibologna007

Since you have a topic in 'Am I infected?' that takes priority over any other. By all means take to heart the advice given so far in this topic, but this is now locked. And since you have a topic in 'Am I infected?'  there is no need to start one as I advised here -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629642/what-is-longhorn-boot-manager-and-help-me-find-out-what-else-is-on-my-laptop/

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users