Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emsisoft Problem and Email security question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 auto1571

auto1571

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

Hi, rather than writing to topics I have decided to write two in one here if that's okay.

The first issue is with emsisoft emergancy kit scanner on my Windows PC. Trying to re-install as I couldn't seem to no longer find it one system I get the following error:

Cannot create bin64/epp.sys

By the way I am not trying to scan with emsisoft emergancy kit because I suspect I have malware; this is something I just do every now and along with others scans as I am not sure it's wise to merely rely on just one scan (call me paranoid :lol: ).

So I have also scanned my PC with Kaspersky Total security, Eset online scanner and MBAM and they have all detected no threats.

However recent system changes have been made by me which are removing Microsoft Edge with FarBar and turning IE off via Control Panel, if that's of any help to you guys.

And my second concern is what are your thoughts about a premium secure email provider like 4securemail compare with with Gmail? I am beginning to wonder if I am spending money needlessly here because I think that Gmail is also very secure if set up properly and it uses 2 factor auth.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users