Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer makes a beeping noise after hard drive replacement.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joshualee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:00 PM

I really need some help.  Recently, I had to get my hard drive replaced - I got it replaced at a local computer repair shop, and after a few weeks, it started to randomly make these beeping noises.  I have no idea why, nothing seems to be wrong with the computer, but  those beeping noises are quite bothering.  It happens each day, sometimes once a day, sometimes 5 times a day.]

I recorded the sound, and uploaded it here https://clyp.it/search?type=hashtag&query=Sounds2_final and also added an attachment (wav)

It someone can give me some advise, that would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

• Members
  • 1,006 posts
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:34 PM

Sounds like a Clicking Hard Drive Arm.

Does it sound like it is coming from the HardDrive ?

And was this a new Hard Drive fitted or something they had sitting aroung ?

I would take it back to the Local Shop and get them to look at again if it wasnt making the noise before they fitted the Drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users