I'm using a multi-boot pc, winxp, win7 and win10.
I can access XP and Win10, but Win7 is working only in Safe Mode. Normal Mode shows an incomplete screen, with no icons on it but my trash can, which isn't operative. (See attached pic)
I checked my event log while on safe mode, but looks like the only relevant information refers to failure to start services which are not available on safe mode.
I tried the following possible remedies:
1. Deactivated all non-microsoft services thru msconfig.
2. Ran a startup repair.
3. Tried a "Restore", but no prior date was available for restoration.
None of those solved my problem.
4. Ran chkdsk from a boot disk.
5. Ran SFC /SCANNOW
6. I updated relevant drivers showing up in the Device Manager
7. Created a new user and tried to access my system using this user
8. Tried to ran Windows Update, but the service isn't available in Safe Mode.
9. Ran MGADIAG, which reported activation problems. Looks like I've not installed KB971033, but I can't install an update while I'm on Safe Mode.
What should I do in order to break this startup blocking?