Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FrustratedPleb

FrustratedPleb

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:58 AM

I've ended up here in my attempt to get rid of a frustrating browser hijack that is proving quite persistent.

Having read a few helpful posts and registering this account in anticipation. I've since restarted my laptop and now cannot find the helpful posts on here I read! Yes, I'm that disorganised and scatter-brained so thank you in advance for your patience and please go easy on me. I know there's a post of instructions I need to follow before posting my plea for help and was at the point of "Back Up" which I am about to begin.

Your advice is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,489 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

Hi, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I suggest starting a new topic in this forum here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Please provide as much information as possible about the problem in the new topic, to enable members to provide accurate advice. Be sure to mention which version of Windows you are using.

#3 FrustratedPleb

FrustratedPleb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

Hello and thanks, will post there soon, now I've backed up everything.

I don't know if you can help with another oddity, as I followed the Create an account instructions which advised to tick certain notifications, I assumed I'd therefore get notification of replies by email so didn't bother checking back here until today.

Even after I logged in there was no online notification either, I had to revisit my post before seeing you'd replied. What did I get wrong?

#4 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,489 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

Click your username at the top right of the page, then click My Settings --> Notification Options, and ensure that the box beneath "Email" corresponding to "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" is checked.

If not, check the box, then click "Save changes" at the foot of the page.

Also check that the "Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency:" setting is set to "Immediate"

Edited by Al1000, 16 October 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#5 FrustratedPleb

FrustratedPleb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

Click your username at the top right of the page, then click My Settings --> Notification Options, and ensure that the box beneath "Email" corresponding to "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" is checked.

If not, check the box, then click "Save changes" at the foot of the page.

Also check that the "Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency:" setting is set to "Immediate"

I have checked and both are as advised which led me to realise the fault (as usual) is mine for not checking my Spam folder first! Thank you

#6 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,489 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

You're welcome

Pleased to hear you found the culprit. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users