Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malwarebytes antimalware or zemana anti malware?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

hello if you should be completely honest witch of these programs has the best ransomware detection.

i do not dare to ask this question in the malwarebytes forum.

please educate me. :blush:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:02 PM

As far as I know they are both very good and trustworthy programs. They both have free and Premium versions which offer additional features and protection against malware infection. If using only as a stand-alone scanner you could run both (not at the same time of course).

I personally have never used Zemana so I cannot attest to it's effectiveness other than what I have read.

I can tell you that some of the employees involved with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware product development, research and technical support are well known security experts who have volunteered their personal time to assist victims of malware infection long before their program was created. They still stay personally involved with helping victims on Internet forum boards as well as provide individual support services to users of their products. This means they are personally tuned into the day to day analysis of active malware and any reported issues with their software so they are able to respond quickly to them.

No amount of money can buy such dedication and support.

BTW...Bleeping Computer hosts both programs in our download section so that should tell you something since we do not host ineffective products.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 isaccasi

isaccasi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:53 PM

thanks a lot,i have both installed,without problems alongside bitdefender 2017,malwarebytes anti exploit and hitman pro.

Edited by isaccasi, 15 October 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:15 AM

Zemana version updater is the fastest and easiest I have experienced in software (paid)

Works quick at catching stuff.

I run MBAM free as an additional scanner.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:17 AM

You're welcome.

#6 Ignisinitium

Ignisinitium

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:20 AM

I like mbam personally, and I use the 1.x version with an updated database as it scans faster then the 2.x version.

Edited by Ignisinitium, 19 October 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:31 AM

IMO, the scan speeds are about the same.

While there may be differences in opinion with scanning speed between old and new versions, Malwarebytes 2.0 is much more effective, includes improvements and offers much better protection. Further, support is likely to end at some point.

Will you continue supporting my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v1.75?

We will continue to support version v1.75 for another year. There is no specified cutoff date at this time.

This means:

* We will continue to support the product as normal and help individual users with issues
* Version v1.75 Business will continue to be available/sold on our site, but the v1.75 Consumer version will not as this has been replaced by v2.x
* We continue to encourage consumer users to upgrade from v1.75 to v2.x

Current users of MBAM v1.75 can upgrade to v2.x for free at https://www.malwarebytes.org/update.

Official statement of support for 1.75

We will continue to support version 1.75 for another year. There is no specified cutoff date at this time.

This means:

• We will continue to support the product as normal and help individual users with issues.
  • Version 1.75 Business will continue to be available/sold on our site, but the 1.75 Consumer version will not as this has been replaced by 2.0
  • We continue to encourage consumer users to upgrade from 1.75 to 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users