Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alienware in Regedit ??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Big Remover

The Big Remover

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:26 PM

What is it?  I have a duo Intel core Tower. Not a Notebook. No Lenovo equipment? MBAM clean, ESET clean, 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware .. and I play no games..... thanks for looking

Attached Files

see website and you tell me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

Hi

Please read   Alienware - Wikipedia  From Wiki ..

Then the main article which states : Alienware is an American computer hardware subsidiary of Dell. Their products are designed Mainly for gaming and can be identified by their alien-themed designs. Alienware was founded in 1996 by Nelson Gonzalez and Alex Aguila. The company's corporate headquarters is located in The Hammocks, in Miami, Florida.

I would say that you have a good quality ? Dell based ? computer, as Alienware generally means Dell and Good ..

Please download SPECCY from Piriform, via our secure downloads.
Once installed on your desktop, Right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator and the program will start..
After running for a few minutes you will see a screen with basic details of your system
Click on File (at top left) and select Publish a Snapshot, click "Yes" in the next box..
You can Copy and Paste that full URL in your next post.

Thanks.

#3 The Big Remover

The Big Remover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for the reply Jaycan. What I can't figure out is why today after 6 years it appears in the Registry? (see top pic)  (I like to check out the reg. for any changes now & then)  Will  post a Snapshot. Let me know what you think please?  A small pc place built this tower from scratch.  Please post any comments. and, [thank you for the Wiki Site.. I read that this morning.] 

I'll post a link to the clipboard: will see if it works.  Thanks again. 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zm4Tns1DceIBbrWJxEcfWM8

#4 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

Hi ,
Computer type: Desktop  Installation Date: 11/25/2013

Nothing specific that I can see, and only installed a couple of years ago. . You may not have noticed it earlier, but all looks good

Regards -

#5 The Big Remover

The Big Remover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

Hi ,
Computer type: Desktop  Installation Date: 11/25/2013

Nothing specific that I can see, and only installed a couple of years ago. . You may not have noticed it earlier, but all looks good

Regards -

Hi!  Jaycan.  1st. time I used speccy, so about the time of 11/2013 was when I had a shop install Windows 7 (SP1) as the current OS. 

Before that it was a great XP box... untill there was no more support.    take care..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users