Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cookies/credentials

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 resertedlab

resertedlab

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:35 PM

I hope this is the right section to ask my questions. They are few actually. Now i am bit behind with networking so please excuse me if the questions sound stupid or illogical ;)

1. If someone is connected to your router, but does not know the admin password, can he steal your cookies and all other possible things that could get stolen, or he need to have admin access to be able to do that?

2. If someone steals your cookies/credentials for facebook for example, and than you check your login history, will the kidnapper's IP address shows or when he steals them he steals your identity and you will see your own IP. Or to simplify the question- if he steals my network credentials will he be logged with his IP or mine? Because for example, when i switch my phone from wifi to mobile network (tgat changes my ip), when i check my facebook  login history later it says Web Session updated and shows the new IP? Also when i terminate (log out), will that also log out the kidnapper's device if he is using my cookies/credentials?

3. If you have router, but you are only connected through cable (not connected to the wifi), does the router still intercepts all your info? 

4. Can someone steal your cookies/credentials from your router if he is not in your router area?

Thanks for the time 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users