Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer stopped seeing my camera (USB issue?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paulmars

paulmars

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

I can no longer transfer pics from camera to computer. When I plug camera into computer  nothing happens. it used to work fine and ive made no changes. Except for the latest win security update. Not sure if my issue started right after that, but maybe.

canon powershot a520. win7 sp1 with all security updates. Not using the canon picture software. Just plug in the usb cable, then see the camera in win explorer, drag the pic files to HDD, delete them from the camera then turn off the camera and unplug it. Been doing this for years. The last few times I had to turn the camera off and on a few times before I saw it in win explorer, now even that wont work anymore.

Last time I charged my cell from the usb cable a few days ago I got the attached notice, but it still charged, so I forgot about it. I just now plugged the cell into usb and got this again. I never saw this notice previously when charging my cell.

Please help me. I need my pics,
pa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:29 PM

Excellent little cameras. I think the one my wife keeps in her car is a 520, the one she uses most is a 590 but they are virtually identical.

Have you tried simply taking the card out of the camera and plugging it directly into the computer, either into an SD card reader slot if it has one or by card reader and USB?  This is the method I always use because I find it considerably quicker than via a cable connection. Also, in my experience, using a cable connection requires the camera to be switched on, and this chews batteries !  If you don't have an SD slot i really suggest buying a USB card reader, they are pretty cheap.

Is it possible the batteries died on you ?

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 paulmars

paulmars
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

I found the issue with the camera. Although the cell phone still gets that notice, which does not stop it from charging, which is all that I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users