Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video card

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 billy1971

billy1971

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:25 PM

help i want to put a  MSI Computer Graphics Cards N750TI-2GD5TLP Video Card NVIDIA Chipset 5400 MHz card in my 780 optiples mini tower. i have already upgraded the power supply to 500 watts and want to upgrade the video card . so that my grandson can play his battlefield 4  on it. so all the help would be great

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 billy1971

billy1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:32 PM

this is the card,http://www.ebay.com/itm/162220964653?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT . i have read where it will work and i have also read where it will not work that it will not reckinize the card

#3 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

For that tower ( if Mini) you would need a half height card. 

And PCI/PCI-e is "Backward Compatible" so you should just be able to shutdown the machine, remove the old card (if present) and replace it with the new one, give it 30 seconds and then turn the machine on and it should install the driver automatically.

It Would also be helpful to know which OS you are running, Windows 7,8,8.1,10. etc.  to find out if the video card is compatible or not. 

Edited by Viper_Security, 14 October 2016 - 05:59 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#4 billy1971

billy1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

i dont have the card yet , i just want to make sure it will work before i buy it. i am running  windows 10 have a 3 ghz dual core processor, 16gb of ram, 1tb hard drive and have the radeon hd 6670 in it right now

#5 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:02 PM

Oh well shoot, it should work right out of the box then. 

and with almost any video card you should just be able to plug it in, wait about 30 seconds and turn the machine on and you should have video. 

and that card should work with zero issues in win10.

hQBT2G3.png

#6 billy1971

billy1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

ok thanks , ill buy it 

#7 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

No problem.

if you get it and it's causing you issues make another post and the people here will help you out!

hQBT2G3.png

#8 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

The Dell Optiplex 780 is an older computer. What motherboard do you have in it OP? Stock OEM board, or a new one? If it is the mini version of the Optiplex 780 then you may run into space issues. Oh wait, I just checked the link you posted. You should be fine.

For that tower ( if Mini) you would need a half height card. 

And PCI/PCI-e is UPNP (universal plug 'n' Play) so you should just be able to shutdown the machine, remove the old card (if present) and replace it with the new one, give it 30 seconds and then turn the machine on and it should install the driver automatically.

It Would also be helpful to know which OS you are running, Windows 7,8,8.1,10. etc.  to find out if the video card is compatible or not. 

UPNP refers to a set of network protocols for "zero configuration" set up. UPNP also implies a lack of software install, which video cards require to function. I think you mean it is backwards compatible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users