Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Contacts keep reappearing after deletion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mklangelo

Mklangelo

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

I'm really at a loss here.

There are several contacts that refuse to stay deleted on my Android phone which is running 4.2.2.

I have three Gmail accounts and these culprits do not appear in the contacts of any of these accounts.

I have "account synch" disabled in my settings on the phone.  

How can I fix this?  It's making me CRAZY...  lol

An help you can offer on this will be greatly appreciated.

MK

Edited by Mklangelo, 14 October 2016 - 04:18 PM.

“Let us all be happy and live within our means, even if we have to borrow the money to do it with”

-Artemus Ward

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mklangelo

Mklangelo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

Really?    88 views and nothing?

Not even a question?  :crazy:

Bumpety bump.  

Edited by Mklangelo, 16 October 2016 - 10:57 AM.

“Let us all be happy and live within our means, even if we have to borrow the money to do it with”

-Artemus Ward

#3 cdbunch

cdbunch

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

Is there any chance that some other app is regenerating these contacts? For example, Whatsapp and Skype might do that. Probably some others also. It might be worthwhile to see if those particular contacts are present in any other apps on the phone.

#4 Mklangelo

Mklangelo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

Is there any chance that some other app is regenerating these contacts? For example, Whatsapp and Skype might do that. Probably some others also. It might be worthwhile to see if those particular contacts are present in any other apps on the phone.

As it turns out it was another intrusive app.  It was Outlook which is installed on my PC and my phone.  The contacts in question were in the "People" list on the PC, not the Contacts list.  

I deleted them from the PC instance of Outlook, and viola!  Problem solved.

I hate when software does things that it thinks are best for me.  I'll be the judge of what is best.  What a monumental pain in the ass.

Thanks for the reply!  I hope this can help someone else. 

Edited by Mklangelo, 04 November 2016 - 05:31 PM.

-Artemus Ward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users