Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data Usage Issue (is it malware?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Needtechelp

Needtechelp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

Hello, I was recommended by someone that this was a very useful website and today decided to join the forums after having an internet issue for at least 12 months by now. I use an Asus Laptop with Google Chrome and I have repeatedly noticed, as well as haven taken photos to keep organized documents, that there's something unusual with my internet in regards to data utilization by sites and how they appear. Arguably it could be classified as harassing due to the problems and content that resulted.

Let's say I wish to use a social networking site. I go on a site, sign up, and next thing I know, the usernames may have a mixture of insults, as well as it being clear after such a long time with this problem haven gone through my data (including what I believe Google would consider sensitive data). It's not just one social networking site either, I have tried quite a few and keep seeing a pattern of recurring content involving very personal data either being hinted at in usernames or comments, or certain intolerant attitudes trying to push belief systems on individuals. What is intriguing is when I asked about this issue on another forum, I would get very offensive comments including accusations of being a "n-tjob" to telling me to get off the internet. 

Please don't misunderstand me, I understand for example that choosing to exercise one's choice to use say an online dating genre of social networking is bound to have spam and such. The difference is when there's personalized content and one actually has more issues than other people. 

My understanding is that just because I did get a photo evidence via wifi that my laptop is under surveillance, (I am not interested in going into precise details even if it makes me sound crazy just because I don't want to bark up the wrong tree and show the photo online this includes the way the surveillance is conducted) probably doesn't have to do with the way my internet is functioning. 

If I'm wrong, I would be curious to know if you feel this is a skilled hacker or an odd usage of time and power, to be vague and as non-offensive as possible.

If this isn't about a condition like malware, would you recommend contacting google as an appropriate step to seek understanding? 

I greatly appreciate anyone who has time to write a coherent response. Again, I'm nowhere near as knowledgable about internet related issues as many of you are. Thank you :)

Edited by hamluis, 14 October 2016 - 02:11 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boooliyooo

boooliyooo

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:46 PM

Hello,

Could you give some example such as screenshots to your issue? I couldn't really understand your scenario... my bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users