Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keepass2 acting up under LMKDE.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:14 AM

I was using Keepass2 tonight on Linux Mint KDE and when I tried entering my password it wouldn't open and I know I was using the right password, but after doing a reboot on my system it worked again.

Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

SuperSapien64, I don't use keepass but thought I would look into it in case I do.  Here are just a couple of things I see that may help you.  It don't seem to be up to date, or maybe maintained very well.

https://sourceforge.net/p/keepass/discussion/329220/thread/17d1bd26/

https://community.linuxmint.com/software/view/keepass2

You may include the Instructions you used to Install it for folks to better help.  Did you Add the PPA?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

Well first thing I didn't use the version from the software center I used the PPA, because the version from the software center has a problem when trying to create new passwords by that I mean it doesn't show how many characters are in the password generator. Where as the PPA version does show how many characters are in the password generator. 

BTW I tried KeepassX but it wouldn't work with my KDBX files.

I've never had any problems with the PPA version till now.

Edited by SuperSapien64, 14 October 2016 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users