Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

site listing MS, Windows Updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:33 AM

Earlier, I had bookmarked a website listing Microsoft and Windows downloadable updates, for what seemed to be March or maybe April, 2016.  That bookmarked site is this:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/DownloadsDrillinResults.aspx?FORM=DLC&ftapplicableproducts=%5e%22Windows%22&sortby=-availabledate&q=&first=81

Checking that same site tonight, the listing showing a page button at the bottom as "11", shows the issue dates to be from September, much more recent than when the site was bookmarked earlier this year.  I am HOPING that clicking through to 9 or 8, or clicking up through 12 or 13 or 14, that the page would display downloadable updates for October 2016.  If each listing entry really links to a separate downloadable installable file, that we could look for all the Vista updates and install each of them separately. 

I do not remember how I found the site, but must have been through some searching with first search engine and then through the Microsoft Site.  More recently while trying to follow links on the MS site, I have been unable to find anything like the page showing all these September updates.  I'm also surprised that no member on this board has mentioned or suggested the site earlier.

I will click through to look for any October updates and see if any are downloadable.  (and seemingly, Internet Explorer 9 WILL NOT download any Windows standalone installer update file on the site.  I have already tried a few times, even today.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 965 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:40 AM

That same link, 

Edited by cafejose, 14 October 2016 - 12:43 AM.

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 965 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:44 AM

post #2 is not working.

I am trying to show the hyperlink, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/downloadsdrillinresults.aspx?FORM=DLC&ftapplicableproducts=%5e%22Windows%22&sortby=-availabledate&q=&first=25

but maybe it does not show up here either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users