Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 updated now Netgear AC1200 usb not detected

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1

rhino1

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

Hi,

My Windows 10 updated about 2 weeks ago and now my Netgear AC1200 (model A6210) high gain wifi usb adapter is not detected.  I tried installing the current driver

from Netgear but does it not work (usb not detected).  I bought a new netgear AC1200 (the same model) thinking the old one might of been broken but still get adapter not detected.

FYI: I bought the wifi adapter about a yr ago as the computers internal wifi was having trouble connecting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-rhino1

Computer Specs: hp Envy700-074 PC Windows 10

4th Generation Intel Core i5-4430 Processor

64-bit performance with 12 GB DDR3 system memory

2TB harddrive

Intel HD Graphics 4600     HP 15-in-1 Media Card Reader

460W Power Supply

Wireless chiclet-style keyboard   Beats audio

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:13 AM

Uninstall driver for the Netgear AC1200 adapter please follow my instructions at my tutorial to uninstall hidden device drivers after you uninstall the driver don't connect the Netgear AC1200 adapter first install latest version of its device driver then install the Netgear AC1200 adapter.

"View Non Present Devices in Device Manager"
https://www.dost-tech.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=132

Posted Image

#3 rhino1

rhino1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

I tried to uninstall the items that I thought might work (ghosts in the software devices-WiFi, the USB controllers, etc.).  Then the device driver software needs to have the netgear ac1200 adapter inserted during its install...after plugging in the driver software states "The NETGEAR A6210 adapter is not found."  Any thoughts what might be wrong? 

#4 rhino1

rhino1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:12 PM

Is there anyone else who could help?  It has been a few weeks without a response.  I did get a LINKSYS max-stream AC600 wifi-micro usb adapter.  It sort of works (connection is intermittent).  It did stop working with the device status of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43). Re-installing does not help with the problems.

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Hi rhino1,

Sorry for not replying to your last post i did not get notification for your post. You can repair the problem by following below instructions.

Fix Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)

Edited by FreeBooter, 08 November 2016 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image

#6 rhino1

rhino1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

That's OK.  I tried that and it will not connect.  I click on the wireless icon to connect to the network and get "No internet, secured".  Other laptop computers and smart phones are able to connect, so I think it is something wrong with this computer.  Any thoughts what could be occurring?

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:09 AM

If you have correct the Code 43 error and you can't connect to your wireless router there could be few reasons why this problem happens follow my suggestions below please.

The TCP/IP protocol suite could be corrupted please use my batch script to reset TCP/IP protocol suite to its default state.

Repair TCP/IP Protocol Suite Errors

If resetting TCP/IP protocol has not resolve the issue then reset windows services to there default startup settings.

Restore Windows Services To Default Startup Settings

Edited by FreeBooter, 09 November 2016 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#8 rhino1

rhino1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

I tried running both programs but get "ERROR: Access is denied. You must have administrator rights to continue."  I am logged in as the administrator when this happens.

#9 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:04 AM

Did you follow all of the steps here when installing driver?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31188

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:45 AM

Right click the batch script and select Run as Administrator from context menu.

Posted Image

#11 rhino1

rhino1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

FreeBooter: I tried both of those fixes and the connection is still slow, sometimes cannot connect to webpage, and connection did drop.

opera: Yes I did follow those directions to no avail.  I am trying to use the LINKSYS max-stream AC600 wifi-micro usb adapter instead because saw issues with the netgear and windows 10 upon web search.  I know the netgear website has a windows 10 driver but that did not work either.   

#12 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

Windows 10 compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 drivers.

Posted Image

#13 rhino1

rhino1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

Yes both netgear and the linksys are windows 10 compatible.  I would like to stick with the linksys and I tried the windows 10 driver updates and still have the bad connection issue.  Is there anything else to try to fix this?  Should I try another brand of wifi adaptor?

#14 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:20 PM

I'm saying maybe Windows 10 driver buggy and you should try other Windows versions of drivers.

Posted Image

#15 rhino1

rhino1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:29 PM

I tried the Linksys Windows 8.1 version and the same connection problem happens.  The Linksys Windows 7 version would not even connect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users