Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One software uses a lot of CPU resources when run

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kay100

Kay100

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

I have one software installed on my laptop that is a downloading software. I use it to download big files. But every time I open it and start to download, I can see in the Task Manager that it's using up a lot of CPU resources and every time when this program is running the CPU usage would be at 99%. I can't do anything else at the same time. How can I solve this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:52 AM

Hello Kay100.

Would you be able to list this program, and was it with your computer, otherwise did you (or a friend) install it ??

It is hard to judge a program without any details .. :unsure:

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users