Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop has no Internet Access during certain time frame

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kay100

Kay100

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

It started few days ago. In the morning my laptop works fine. But I usually turn it on at around 4pm in the afternoon every day and there would be no internet access for this laptop. And then wait around until 9:30pm at night, the internet access would be back on again. And then until 12am midnight the internet access would be gone again. Then the next morning would all be working fine. 

It seem like there is a fixed time frame every day that the wifi internet access would be gone. And then In the morning and late night it would be working all fine.

I wonder if there's some new kind of virus that's causing this to happen?

By the way there's no problem with the internet provider because I have other devices that use the internet and they all running fine all day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:38 AM

This sounds like there is some type of parental control being used. I suggest you look for that. It could be a Windows parental control setting

or some Third Party program....Here is a link to search results that may help...restrict time online in Windows - Google Search

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users