Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lenovo 3000 laptop with vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marron2

marron2

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:35 PM

Hello to all,

Although old,it is relative a new laptop.

Got vista home 32 on it. Last night, per accident(ya ya,I know) on the keyboard. Not much,but after that, keyboard was funny. Took it out,clean and put back. It worked except for capslock and stuff.

Now it stop working. If I plug a usb keyboard in,it seems only caps lock work. Then somebody suggest a system restore and that was bad advice. Now nothing works. Gets to the start up screen,and no more. Cannot activate on screen keyboard.

I am not sure if I am in the right forum with this. Please advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ManlyMcManlyton

ManlyMcManlyton

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

From what I gathered you spilt something on it? If so then it is water damage and I don't think you can repair that easily.

#3 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:18 PM

Some beer, and switch off,remove keyboard and dry it. There was no moisture under the keyboard,so,I gues it only affected the keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users