Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Anniversary Stalls and Stutters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cyntil8ing

Cyntil8ing

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:19 PM

Greetings,

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out with my current issue. My laptop frequently stall and/or stutters during routine usage. Other symptoms include off sync streaming videos regardless of browser choice.

I recently came across an application called LatencyMon that's identifying the primary cause as "ACPI.sys". I've updated all my drivers, did an SFC scan, as well as a DISM check. All seems to be in order but the problem remains.

I'm willing to provide more information as required. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my request.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

Do you use avast with it's firewall?

#3 Cyntil8ing

Cyntil8ing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:52 PM

Do you use avast with it's firewall?

No. I don't use Avast.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:48 AM

Do a clean boot and if there are no latency issues then start enabling startup items and services a few at a time until your latency problems return.

https://www.winhelp.us/clean-boot-windows.html

#5 Cyntil8ing

Cyntil8ing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

Do a clean boot and if there are no latency issues then start enabling startup items and services a few at a time until your latency problems return.

https://www.winhelp.us/clean-boot-windows.html

I just tried your suggestion and sadly there are still latency issues after the restart.

Latency readings are pretty much the same even after doing a clean boot. All non MS items were disabled.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

I don't have much experience with Windows 10 but I do know it uses telemetry. If you are on a WiFI connection turn on Metered Connection and also go through all your privacy settings and turn them off. 

http://www.howtogeek.com/221864/digging-into-and-understanding-windows-10s-privacy-settings/

Edited by JohnC_21, 14 October 2016 - 07:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users