Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange shutdown error, too quick to read to find out what it is.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aech

aech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:34 AM

Hopefully the title made sense. 

I will periodically get a strange dialog box on shutdown, and sometimes it is just too fast to snap a picture or write it down. It's some sort of memory error along with a really long code. 

What would be a good way to try and tackle troubleshooting this? I looked through event viewer and I guess I'm not looking in the correct place or the information is not listed there.

I am kind of stumped as to what to do, nothing is WRONG with my computer (at least not that I can tell) it's just this annoying error that makes me think something bad is going to happen haha. 

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

If it blue screening, their should be a message when you reboot that window unexpected shutdown with a error. Also check your C:\windows\minidump folder to see if their any dmp log files.

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

Is it something like this?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/6804-error-explorer-exe.html

or this?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/58410-new-upgrade-same-explorer-exe-memory-error-shutdown.html

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:21 AM

Open Event Viewer by typing Event Viewer into Start Menu search box. Check System and Application event logs for error logs for shutting down system.
You can also boot Windows into Clean Boot state and if issue resolves while Windows booted into Clean Boot state then its one or more startup programs or startup services causing the issue for more information about clean booting Windows visit below link.

"Clean Boot Windows"
https://www.dost-tech.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109

Posted Image

#5 aech

aech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:03 AM

Yeah! The first link. It is an error like that, but I'm not sure if it is the exact code or not. But it's basically the same thing. 

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

Go to Control Panel \ System Properties.  Change to the Advanced tab.  Press the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery section.  In the System failure section uncheck Automatically restart.  This should allow you to read the error.

#7 aech

aech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

Go to Control Panel \ System Properties.  Change to the Advanced tab.  Press the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery section.  In the System failure section uncheck Automatically restart.  This should allow you to read the error.

Awesome, I will have to try that. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users