Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe PDF Printing slow as molasses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stebbinsd

stebbinsd

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

I'm currently tasked with printing multiple copies of a very large document. I type my documents with Apache Open Office. In my experience, the easiest way to accomplish such a task is to save the document in PDF format, then use Adobe PDF Reader to print only the even numbered pages first, then turn that stack over and print the odd numbered pages on the back. This is even more preferable considering that Adobe PDF reader has an option to save ink/toner on top of the HP printer's settings to print "fast draft quality," but Apache Open Office doesn't.

However, i've recently had a problem with Adobe PDF Reader. When I print using that, it prints very, very slowly. I know it's not the printer or ink cartridge either, because if I switch to Apache Open Office and print that way, it starts printing fast again. But I loose the bonus ink/toner being saved when I select the additional option for Adobe PDF reader.

How do I speed it up again?

My current build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
Processor: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 12GB (2x2GB+8GB)
Video Card: Geforce GTX 1050ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:47 PM

Sounds to me like a software problem.  I suspect that each of the mentioned programs loads its own print driver/software...software can easily become damaged andd malperform.  Like many other programs, the logical thing to do is uninstall the possibly damaged program...and then reinstall it, update it, run it.  If problem goes away, you've overcome it.  If not, you will have to do more troubleshooting.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users