Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

annoying Firefox problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Speedo420

Speedo420

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

I have been to the Firefox forum and haven't gotten much of a response so I thought maybe someone here might be able to help me.

when I close Firefox, even though I'm having it save my passwords the only site that asks for my password over an over is Twitter.  this doesn't happen with Chrome and I have been unable to figure out why.  I have even started to get this via email

We noticed a recent login for your account @XXXXXXXXX     Device   Firefox on Windows Location   Portsmouth, VA   If this was you:   Great! There's nothing else you need to do.   If this wasn’t you:   Your account may have been compromised and you should take a few steps to make sure your account is secure. To start, reset your password now.

I have reset my password, tried to contact Twitter for suggestions without any luck.

any ideas??

thanks again!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

When you reset your password.....is Firefox asking if you want to replace the previous password? It should do that.

I suggest deleting all cookies for Twitter. Open the list of passwords in Firefox and deleting all for Twitter. Delete any shortcut or bookmark for Twitter.

Empty Firefox cache. Reboot Firefox and then go to Twitter and using the last good password to sign in to Twitter. At that point Firefox should ask to

save the password. What happens after that....is the "problem" solved?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Speedo420

Speedo420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:21 AM

when I reset my password, I believe Firefox as me if I want to save the password, but it might ask if I want to replace the previous one.   I will check.   damn I have alot of Twitter pages bookmarked.........

off to follow your suggestions,  thanks

#4 Speedo420

Speedo420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

wow, that seems to have taken care of the problem

thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic