Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replaced mobo, now video driver is crashing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JarredNotCanned

JarredNotCanned

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:57 AM

Hi folks.

I had an ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard, and in the course of getting my stuff shipped to Hawaii, it died. I replaced it (going extremely cheap, I know, my bad) with an ASUS P8Z68-V LX Intel Motherboard LGA 1155 Z68 SATA 6 Gb/s and USB 3.0 ATX Intel. It seemed to run ok for the first week or so I owned it. Now, when I'm doing nearly anything the screen will go all torn and spotty, flash off, then come back on with a notification window that says the video driver (NVIDIA Game Ready driver v373.06 for GeForce GTX 570) has crashed. Sometimes Windows 'recovers' and just takes me back to the desktop. Sometimes it reboots the whole system. This most commonly happens during graphics intensive games which were previously not a problem with my old mobo. I've tried rolling back to the previous driver, reseating the GPU, and doing defrag/scandisk. None had any effect. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
ASUS P8Z68-V LX Intel Motherboard
GeForce GTX 570
Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (1866)
i7-2600 CPU
Cougar 760watt PSU
Cooler Master Elite 430 mid-tower

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

Download a fresh copy of your GeForce driver, uninstall the old one, then install the new driver.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JarredNotCanned

JarredNotCanned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:52 AM

Have done this many times. Reinstalled same current version of the driver, no good. Rolled back to 2 other previous versions, no good. Now running most recent release (373.06). Still no good.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

Do you have another graphics card you could try to see if the problem is with your current card?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 JarredNotCanned

JarredNotCanned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

Unfortunately, no.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

Do you have another computer you can try the graphics card in.  There is a possibility that the card is failing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users