Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uBlock Origin blocking Outlook on Chrome

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kooky500

kooky500

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:58 PM

Recently, I went to open my Outlook e-mail on Google chrome, and uBlock Origin blocked the site. The site works fine on Firefox (which also has uBlock Origin) and, I've never had this issue on Google Chrome before. Anyone else having this issue?

I should add, this only started happening after the latest Windows 10 update, could that be the cause of it?

Edited by kooky500, 12 October 2016 - 10:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 speghet

speghet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

This is the only result I've found anywhere for the exact same issue, except I'm on Win7. Would love to be advised.

Edited by speghet, 12 October 2016 - 10:29 PM.

#3 JigglyMuff

JigglyMuff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:29 AM

I'm having the same issue. I just restarted my computer last night to install a windows update. Today when I tried to use Outlook I kept getting the same error. Eventually I narrowed it down to the ublock extension. When disabled or when in incognito mode outlook loads just fine. I'm stumped so far to as to why or how to fix it besides the before mentioned ways. I'll stay posted if I figure it out.

#4 JigglyMuff

JigglyMuff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:47 AM

I submitted the problem to the developer on the Ublock Origin extension page. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm/support?hl=en

I would suggest anyone else with the issue do the same and perhaps they can push an update to fix the issue. Till then It looks like you will just have to disable UBlock to be able to access Outlook.

#5 JSB2000

JSB2000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

Just experienced this on a client's workstation.  Forcing an update on the 3rd-party filters tab under the uBlock settings resolved the issue.

Seems that outlook.live.com plus some other domains got into one of the lists and were removed via the update.

#6 kooky500

kooky500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

For anyone having the issue with the latest Windows 10 update, try JSB2000's solution of forcing an update on the third-party filters tab. It worked for me.

Go to the Chrome extensions page (You can get there by clicking on the three dots in the corner of your address bar, then 'More Tools --> 'Extensions'

Then right under uBlock there should be an 'options' to click. Click it, and once it opens click on the 'third-party filters' tab and there should be an option to 'update now'.

Thanks for that solution, JSB :)

Edited by kooky500, 13 October 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#7 JigglyMuff

JigglyMuff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

Awesome, that worked. Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users